Wednesday 23 November 2011

IMMORTALS


Last night I watched the new Tarsem Singh epic new movie 'Immortals' which is based on Greek Mythology and one man's journey to earning a place amongst the Gods. The storyline is flawless and the cinematography is perfectly ideal and beautiful. However, there is something more important that contributed to the success of the film and it comes in the form of a 6ft1 hunk of manliness. Henry Cavill.


Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be a total girl about this. I love the plot, the gore, the moral undertones of the productions but the truth is you can't deny that Cavill is a babe. Thesues (his character - a mortal who is chosen by the Gods to lead against evil King Hyperion) is loyal, compassionate, trustworthy, strong and passionate about what he believes. He is the epitome of what every man should be and not only does he possess all this, but it comes wrapped up in a godlike and chizzled body.


I am aware that Henry Cavill is no Theseus and that I am fantasizing over a character from a fantasy film where Zeus, oricals and titans exist but it's just so hard not to. On a serious note however, Henry Cavill is an amazing actor and I do hope to see more of him and 'Immortals' is in fact, one of the best films I've seen this year.

P.S Zeus aint bad either.

Luke Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment